Friday, May 25, 2012

Opportunities


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

5 Minute Friday: Opportunity

Living in the present. That is what opportunity makes me think about. I am striving to enjoy the moments as the come along. Not wish they were different - or put them off until there is a better opportunity to fulfill them.

My skin has been as creamy as Snow White's for as long as I can remember (and as long as most of my family can remember, too!) But last summer I took every chance I could to go swimming and playing outside with my children. We spent a good majority of our days in the pool or yard. I used 100 SPF on my baby sensitive skin. And by the end of the summer, my dad didn't even recognize me. The Coppertone Momma.

I never strive to look good (I really should put in more effort!) but the color of my skin told me that I had enjoyed the moments. That my kids were outside and not in front of a computer or tv screen.



Opportunities taken. Not taken for granted. I plan to do the same this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these words really jumped out at me: "Opportunities taken. Not taken for granted." I wonder how many opportunities I have not taken at all or taken for granted. With the theme this week, there are lots of phrases jumping out at me in all the posts I read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me hear what you have to say...