Thursday, May 17, 2012

There should be a support group for this...

I admit it. I am addicted to Pinterest.

ad·dic·tion /e'dikSHen/
Noun: The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.
official Google definition ('cause I'm official like that)


It started out innocently enough.


I would click around and pin during my daughter's 2 minute time-outs.
It was a nice break and gave me a moment to remove myself from the heat of the moment, as well.
She just turned 3, by the way. We have heated moments already. Yeah, she's that good.


Then, I started pinning at bedtime. [Even long after my hubby falls asleep.]


Now, I'm pinning right during the middle of the day! It is a sickness, I tell you.


I may need a pintervention.


Until then, you can follow my illness here { Pinterest }

Fair warning, for anyone who has not tried it yet, this is seriously habit forming.
It should come with a surgeon general's warning:
"May be bad for your health. Can cause excess weight gain in thighs and butt."
As you will be glued to your computer screen and unable to burn calories
except for your fingers clicking the mouse.


{gotta love Jillian Michaels}

My new resolution might be to only Pin while riding my stationery bike.
Hmmm...I could be so skinny in no time! Uh oh, I'm bargaining already!

As Ben and the Pinterest Team always say, "Happy pinning!"
{It's an inside joke. You had to be there. See I even think they're my real friends,
but they're just feeding my disease.}

* P.S. Please know, this is in no way intended to offend anyone. *

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. 
 ~ Carl Jung

~ All images can be found (with original links) on my Pinterest boards. ~

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It is beautiful. And while I know there is a serious side to pinterest addictions your post made me laugh. Now I am going to go find you on Pinterest! Spotted you as a follower of my blog...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing even harder now dear. Hear I thought someone I didn't know was following my blog and it's you. I love you. I haven't told you in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I love you, too! See today's post - I give you a shout out! :)

      Delete
  3. I love that card!
    Thank you for including my yellow gradient necklace amongst these beautiful selections!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me hear what you have to say...